Cabo de la Vela
Visit La Guajira, discover Cabo de la Vela and Punta Gallinas, live an adventure full of wild beauty and ancestral traditions: the land of the Wayúus.
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
Staring point: agreed meeting point.
Starting time: 4:00 am*
*Due to the current situation, regulations and restrictions, starting time may be modified.
Price per person:
* Tours begin in Ríohacha; extra transportation service from and to Santa Marta (round trip) has a price of $160.000 COP per person; Teyuna Tours will help you book this extra service, and will be paid directly to the service provider.
8:00 AM. Departure from Riohacha to Cabo de la Vela, visiting the following places of interest: Manaure, Manaure’s salt mountains, Uribía ( considered indigenous capital city of Colombia), the so-called “cactus forests”, Carrizal desert, observing the herds of goats and sheeps around the rancherías – typical settlements belonging to Wayúu natives.
12:30 PM. Lunch at Cabo de la Vela
2:30 PM. Visit to the so-called “rainbow beach”, Pilón de Azúcar hill, Golden Beach of Pilón de Azúcar, observing a variety of landscapes around Cabo de la Vela; visit to Ojo de Agua beach, and at the end of the afternoon we can enjoy a spectacular sunset with multicolored arches from Punta del Faro.
Breakfast in Cabo de la Vela
7:30 AM. Departure to Punta Gallinas, visiting the following places: Jepirachi wind farm, Puerto Nuevo and Portete desert, Honda Bay desert, Honda Bay. Bathing in Taroa beach.
12:30. Lunch and rest in comfortable hammocks overlooking Taroa beach.
2:30 pm. Visit to the dune beaches of Taroa to appreciate and enjoy this fascinating landscape of sky, desert and sea. Swimming at the dunes of Taroa beach.
5:00 PM. Visit to the Punta Gallinas lighthouse, located in the northernmost spot of South America, to contemplate the sunset in front of Punta Agujas Beach.
7:00 PM. Dinner in Punta Gallinas. Accommodation in Punta Gallinas in comfortable hammocks.
Breakfast in Punta Gallinas.
7:30 am. Departure in direction of Riohacha. We make a visit to the Casares viewpoint, in order to observe a wonderful panoramic view and giving time to take your best picture.
12: 00 M. Lunch in Uribía (indigenous capital city of Colombia).
1:45 PM. Departure for Riohacha.
3:00 PM. Arrival in Riohacha.
- 4×4 Transportation (Round trip, from and to Ríohacha)
- Meals during the tour
- Accommodation in ‘chinchorro’ hammocks – If you prefer to have a room, you will have to tell us in advance
- Travel insurance
- Driver guide service
What's Not Included
- Breakfast on Day 1
- Dinner on Day 3
- Beers, drinks, extra snacks
- Shopping tour and / or visits to other attractions
- Handicraft items and tips
- extra transportation service from and to Santa Marta (round trip), which has a price of $140.000 COP per person; Teyuna Tours will help you book this extra service, and will be paid directly to the service provider.
- This tour takes place in a desert region.
- Temperatures are of about 25°C – 33°C.
- It is usually hot and very dry, during the night temperatures may get low due to thermal excursion.
- Natives and their traditions have to be respected: this is the base for a positive cultural exchange for both visitors and communities.
What to bring
- Tennis shoes or boots, and sandals or resting shoes for the camps
- Light clothes
- Sweatshirt or a pair of long trousers
- Insect repellent
- Personal items and toiletries
- Water bottle – a big one
- Personal medications
- Cash for extra expenses, handicrafts, tips…
Cancellation Policy and Refund
Clients have the right to claim a total or partial refund of the amount he/she paid according to the following terms and conditions:
- Teyuna Tours or its provider, has failed to provide the service, as long as the reason is different from force majeure *: you will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard (non-private) tour, either the Lost City trek or another destination in Santa Marta, more than twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, more than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard tour to the Lost City within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a standard tour other than the Lost City trek within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 50% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. There will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the service.
- Presenting a positive result for the Covid-19 test, after the starting time of a service that requires a negative result, implies a charge of the 20% of the total value of the service.
The customer will not get a refund in the following cases:
- The client does not show up to start the tour (no show).
- An accident or calamity occurs and prevents the service to be provided or provided in full.
- The client resign during the service.
- Events unrelated to Teyuna Tours occur, such as cancellation or delay of flights, loss of luggage, closure of roads, airports, terminals, borders, among other external reasons that may prevent the client to be provided a certain service.
* It is intended as force majeure: meteorological phenomena, disturbances of public order, unforeseen closures of the destination or roads, among others that prevent the service to be provided, or put safety of our customers at risk.
Campsites, accommodations and restaurants belong to local communities; we cooperate and work in order to provide a high quality service, however quality of lodgings and camps depends on them.
Trails and infrastructures are shared by all companies, so that the number of visitors depends on tourist season and number of visitors among all tour operators.
This tour involves risks; travel insurance covers accidents and injuries that may occur in the trek.
Teyuna Tours and the managers of the campsites on the Lost City trek are not responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings.
Other Tours – Lost City Trek
Lost City Trek – 5 days
This adventure is designed for people who prefer to go at a slower pace, even without having much time.
Lost City Trek – 6 days
Best option for visitors who prefer to have an exclusive experience, with more time to enjoy nature, rivers and natural pools.