In Gotzeshy you will breath the essence of Sierra Nevada: native guides will lead you to discover the natural weatlh and the ancestral traditions of Wiwa natives.
Duration: 1 day
Staring point: agreed meeting point.
Starting time: 6:00 am*
*Due to the current situation, regulations and restrictions, starting time may be modified.
Price per person:
*Price per person for a group of 4 people, with guide service in Spanish.
Price per person depends on group size
We start from the center of Santa Marta at approximately 6 AM, heading to the village of Guachaca, where our real journey begins, taking an offroad trail until reaching the Wiwa Indigenous Community called Gotsezhy; the 4×4 car trip will last approximately 2 hours in total.
Once in Gotsezhy, we will get ready to start a short ecological walk; we will be able to interact with a part of the Wiwa Indigenous population that lives in this community, observe the school, a large number of traditional houses (indigenous huts) and other important sites of Gotsezhy village.
The ecological trek will last approximately 20 minutes (1 km) until we reach our destination, Wiwa’s Gotsezhy Refuge, a small indigenous community which includes several families that will make us feel at home, and will kindly show us how they coexist with mother Nature.
After a wholesome breakfast prepared by the women of the community – based on visitors’ requirements and on the delicious indigenous gastronomy of this region -, we will visit some ancestral and cultural sites in the company of one of the Mamos (community leaders) and of an indigenous guide, who will give us a spiritual speech and teach us about traditions and forms of cultural and artistic expression typical of the Wiwas.
Lunch will be served around noon, and will be followed by some time to rest in the hammocks; with renewed energy, we will then start a walk through paths replete with vegetation to get to enjoy a refreshing bath in the ancestral Matuna waterfall.
After enjoying the crystal clear waters of the Matuna waterfall for more than an hour, we will return to the Refuge to share another moment with the Mamo and say goodbye to the indigenous families that live there; we will then walk back to Gotsezhy village, where the car will be waiting for us and will take us back to Santa Marta. Estimated arrival time is 4:30 PM.
- 4×4 Transportation (Round trip)
- Breakfast and lunch
- Visits to Gotsezhy Refuge and the handicrafts exhibition
- Interaction with the Wiwa indigenous community and with the Mamo
- Travel insurance
- Contributions to the farming and indigenous communities
- Local native guide service (Spanish)
What's Not Included
- Anything not specified
- Beers, drinks, extra snacks
- Shopping tour and / or visits to other attractions
- Handicraft items and tips
- Guide service in English – or any language other than Spanish
The itinerary may vary according to weather conditions and access road to Gotsezhy region;
The guide will provide information and give the necessary recommendations in order to make sure every visitor has full respect for the environment and for the local indigenous communities.
What to bring
It is recommended to bring a small backpack, comfortable clothes, bathing suit, sunscreen, hat and appropriate footwear for walking, a pair of sandals to rest your feet, camera, plastic bags to cover your backpack.
It is important that you take with you mosquito repellent and medicines you may need.
We recommend that you get vaccinated against yellow fever: although this vaccine is no longer a compulsory requirement to enter Colombia, we recommend it.
Cancellation Policy and Refund
Clients have the right to claim a total or partial refund of the amount he/she paid according to the following terms and conditions:
- Teyuna Tours or its provider, has failed to provide the service, as long as the reason is different from force majeure *: you will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard (non-private) tour, either the Lost City trek or another destination in Santa Marta, more than twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, more than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard tour to the Lost City within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a standard tour other than the Lost City trek within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 50% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. There will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the service.
- Presenting a positive result for the Covid-19 test, after the starting time of a service that requires a negative result, implies a charge of the 20% of the total value of the service.
The customer will not get a refund in the following cases:
- The client does not show up to start the tour (no show).
- An accident or calamity occurs and prevents the service to be provided or provided in full.
- The client resign during the service.
- Events unrelated to Teyuna Tours occur, such as cancellation or delay of flights, loss of luggage, closure of roads, airports, terminals, borders, among other external reasons that may prevent the client to be provided a certain service.
* It is intended as force majeure: meteorological phenomena, disturbances of public order, unforeseen closures of the destination or roads, among others that prevent the service to be provided, or put safety of our customers at risk.
Campsites, accommodations and restaurants belong to local communities; we cooperate and work in order to provide a high quality service, however quality of lodgings and camps depends on them.
Trails and infrastructures are shared by all companies, so that the number of visitors depends on tourist season and number of visitors among all tour operators.
This tour involves risks; travel insurance covers accidents and injuries that may occur in the trek.
Teyuna Tours and the managers of the campsites on the Lost City trek are not responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings.
Other Tours – Lost City Trek
Lost City Trek – 5 days
This adventure is designed for people who prefer to go at a slower pace, even without having much time.
Lost City Trek – 6 days
Best option for visitors who prefer to have an exclusive experience, with more time to enjoy nature, rivers and natural pools.