Visit Palmor, the coffee capital city of Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, and discover the ancestral traditions of Kogui natives in Cherúa village: an experience through which you will learn about our mountains, our produce and our people.
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
Staring point: agreed meeting point.
Starting time: 5:00 am*
*Due to the current situation, regulations and restrictions, starting time may be modified.
Price per person:
*Price per person for a group of 4 people, with guide service in Spanish.
Price per person depends on group size
We start from Santa Marta by 4×4 and in approximately 2:30 hours, we reach the village that is considered the coffee capital city of Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta: Palmor.
Once in the village, we will get to know about history and culture of the region, and how it was colonized. In Palmor we will have breakfast and then continue by 4×4 on panoramic offroad trails for approximately 1 hour, until we reach a settlement inhabited by Kogui natives, in their language called Tunangaxa.
There, they will teach us about their culture, traditions and lifestyle; we will have lunch with them, and then a visit to a nearby waterfall, and we will get to know the details of lulo cultivation – having the opportunity to taste this delicious local fruit too.
Afterwards, we will return to the native town, in order to have dinner and to acquire knowledge about native ancestral culture, sitting around a bonfire. Accommodation will be in huts or in tents.
In the morning, after breakfast, there will be an ecological walk during which we will reach beautiful viewpoints and do birdwatching surrounded by the outstanding mountains Sierra Nevada; in approximately 4 and a half hours, we will reach a coffee farm in which we will have lunch, and in the afternoon we will have the opportunity of learning everything related to the coffee process. In this same farm, we are going to have dinner and to spend the second night.
In the morning, we will have breakfast and then a car trip to a farm, where we will learn about the “panela” (raw brown sugar from sugar cane) process; after this interesting explanation, we will continue to another sector, in order to experiment what it means to work with bees, in an apiary farm.
There, we are going to have lunch and finally we will return to the car, reach Palmor and from there the 4×4 will get us back to Santa Marta.
- Transportation (Round trip)
- Travel insurance
- Contributions to the farming and indigenous communities
- Local guide service (Spanish)
- Fresh fruits and snacks during the trekking
What's Not Included
- Anything not specified
- Shopping tour and / or visits to other attractions
- Handicraft items and tips
- Guide service in English – or any language other than Spanish
Itineary may change depending on weather conditions and accessibility to the region.
The guide will give some specific instructions to the visitors, such as, among others:
- Do not take photos of native children
- Do not be disrespectful
- Do not throw garbage on trails
- Do not separate from the group
What to bring
- Walking boots
- Trekking poles
- Insect repellent
- Water bottles
- Personal medications
- Cash for extra expenses, handicrafts, tips…
Cancellation Policy and Refund
Clients have the right to claim a total or partial refund of the amount he/she paid according to the following terms and conditions:
- Teyuna Tours or its provider, has failed to provide the service, as long as the reason is different from force majeure *: you will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard (non-private) tour, either the Lost City trek or another destination in Santa Marta, more than twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, more than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard tour to the Lost City within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a standard tour other than the Lost City trek within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 50% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. There will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the service.
- Presenting a positive result for the Covid-19 test, after the starting time of a service that requires a negative result, implies a charge of the 20% of the total value of the service.
The customer will not get a refund in the following cases:
- The client does not show up to start the tour (no show).
- An accident or calamity occurs and prevents the service to be provided or provided in full.
- The client resign during the service.
- Events unrelated to Teyuna Tours occur, such as cancellation or delay of flights, loss of luggage, closure of roads, airports, terminals, borders, among other external reasons that may prevent the client to be provided a certain service.
* It is intended as force majeure: meteorological phenomena, disturbances of public order, unforeseen closures of the destination or roads, among others that prevent the service to be provided, or put safety of our customers at risk.
Campsites, accommodations and restaurants belong to local communities; we cooperate and work in order to provide a high quality service, however quality of lodgings and camps depends on them.
Trails and infrastructures are shared by all companies, so that the number of visitors depends on tourist season and number of visitors among all tour operators.
This tour involves risks; travel insurance covers accidents and injuries that may occur in the trek.
Teyuna Tours and the managers of the campsites on the Lost City trek are not responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings.
Other Tours – Lost City Trek
Lost City Trek – 5 days
This adventure is designed for people who prefer to go at a slower pace, even without having much time.
Lost City Trek – 6 days
Best option for visitors who prefer to have an exclusive experience, with more time to enjoy nature, rivers and natural pools.