Cabo San Juan del Guía
Tayrona National Park is one of the most exuberant natural parks of Colombia. It is made up of a huge variety of beautiful beaches with crystal clear sea and outstanding landscapes: it’s a destination in which history, nature and living culture will make your visit a genuine magical experience.
Duration: 1 day
Staring point: agreed meeting point.
Starting time: 6:00 am*
*Due to the current situation, regulations and restrictions, starting time may be modified.
Price per person:
$135.000 / $175.000 COP*
*Different fares for residents / non-residents in Colombia are applied to the entrance ticket cost.
For kids under 4, no entrance fee is applied; entrance fees are only applied to 5-year-old (or older) kids.
Walk through the jungle and enjoy heavenly beaches on this trip through Tayrona National Natural Park, one of the most important ecological reserves of Colombia, for the world to discover. This is one of the most popular trips: a walk of about two hours to visit the main beaches of the park, from Arrecifes to La Piscina – the Pool -, and then Cabo San Juan del Guía, the most iconic beach of our country. On the way back, you will walk the same trail.
* It is a low level of difficulty hike. Paths, wooden walkways, trails on the sand by the sea, everything is very well signposted and with very easy access; humidity is very high so that it is required to carry hydration for the walk *
Tayrona National Park is one of the most exuberant natural parks in Colombia. It is made up of a huge variety of beautiful beaches with crystal clear sea and outstanding landscapes: it’s a destination in which history, nature and living culture will make your visit a genuine magical experience.
We will pick you up from the hotel in the morning – time may depends on low/high tourist season -, we will head northeast on Troncal del Caribe, the road that connects Santa Marta to Palomino.
After about 45 minutes of car trip, we will get to the second entrance of Tayrona Park, located between the Caribbean Sea and the bottom of Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta mountain range. Once there, we will arrive at the beginning of the trails that cross the tropical jungle. For a couple of hours, we will be walking next to over-25-meter-high trees, and we will encounter some of the species that are part of the rich ecosystems that Tayrona National Natural Park has to offer. With a high degree of probability, you will be able to spot some of the wild animals that often cross the trails. After about 40 minutes walking through Tayrona rainforest, you will arrive at Arrecifes: you will recognize this spot because of its gigantic stones.
Arrecifes’s beach is not suitable for swimming due to the dangerous currents and waves; at the very same time, turtles come to this sector for nesting, so that visitors are only allowed to walk at at least 10 meters from the seashore. Walking about 10 minutes past Arrecifes, you will have access to Playa Arenilla, a small beach with turquoise waters. We will continue walking for 15 more minutes until we reach La Piscina – the Natural Pool-, a quiet beach where the sea is calm and crystal clear.
We will continue for about 20 more minutes till reaching the viewpoint of Cabo San Juan, in order to enjoy a unique panoramic view, where the elements of this unique landscape are the main attraction. Cabo San Juan has restaurant service, toilets, accommodation in hammocks or camping. After the visit, we will walk back to the entrance of the park, where we will get transportation to Santa Marta, and take you to your hotel at the end the trip.
- Round trip transportation
- Entrance ticket to Tayrona Park
- Travel insurance
- Professional local guide in Spanish
What's Not Included
- Beers, drinks, meals, snacks
- Anything not specified
- Shopping tour, rental of snorkels or other kind of equipment, visits to other attractions
- Handicraft items and tips
- Guide service in English – or any language other than Spanish
- This trekking takes place in hot and very humid area.
- Temperatures are of about 25°C – 33°C.
- Natives and their traditions have to be respected: this is the base for a positive cultural exchange for both visitors and communities.
What to bring
Each visitor entering the natural park must carry his/her ID, since it will be required at the entrance to everyone, being national or foreigner.
It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes, to bring a bathing suit, sunscreen, hydration and appropriate footwear for the beach. It is important that you take mosquito repellent with you, and we recommend that you get vaccinated against yellow fever; although this vaccine is no longer a compulsory requirement to enter Colombia, we recommend it.
Cancellation Policy and Refund
Clients have the right to claim a total or partial refund of the amount he/she paid according to the following terms and conditions:
- Teyuna Tours or its provider, has failed to provide the service, as long as the reason is different from force majeure *: you will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard (non-private) tour, either the Lost City trek or another destination in Santa Marta, more than twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, more than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard tour to the Lost City within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a standard tour other than the Lost City trek within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 50% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. There will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the service.
- Presenting a positive result for the Covid-19 test, after the starting time of a service that requires a negative result, implies a charge of the 20% of the total value of the service.
The customer will not get a refund in the following cases:
- The client does not show up to start the tour (no show).
- An accident or calamity occurs and prevents the service to be provided or provided in full.
- The client resign during the service.
- Events unrelated to Teyuna Tours occur, such as cancellation or delay of flights, loss of luggage, closure of roads, airports, terminals, borders, among other external reasons that may prevent the client to be provided a certain service.
* It is intended as force majeure: meteorological phenomena, disturbances of public order, unforeseen closures of the destination or roads, among others that prevent the service to be provided, or put safety of our customers at risk.
Campsites, accommodations and restaurants belong to local communities; we cooperate and work in order to provide a high quality service, however quality of lodgings and camps depends on them.
Trails and infrastructures are shared by all companies, so that the number of visitors depends on tourist season and number of visitors among all tour operators.
This tour involves risks; travel insurance covers accidents and injuries that may occur in the trek.
Teyuna Tours is not responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings.
Other Tours – Lost City trek
Lost City Trek – 5 days
This adventure is designed for people who prefer to go at a slower pace, even without having much time.
Lost City Trek – 6 days
Best option for visitors who prefer to have an exclusive experience, with more time to enjoy nature, rivers and natural pools.