Neguanje – Playa Cristal
Get to know one of the most beautiful and emblematic beaches of Tayrona National Park, Playa Cristal in Santa Marta. This beach is characterized by its crystal clear water, its quiet and its marine wealth due to its large and luxurious coral reefs.
Through this trip, you will also have the opportunity to visit Siete Olas – Seven Waves – beach and Neguanje beach, which is the largest one in Tayrona National Natural Park.
Duration: 1 day
Staring point: agreed meeting point.
Starting time: 6:00 am*
*Due to the current situation, regulations and restrictions, starting time may be modified.
Price per person:
$140.000 / $165.000 COP*
*Different fares for residents / non-residents in Colombia are applied to the entrance ticket cost.
For kids under 4, no entrance fee is applied; entrance fees are only applied to 5-year-old (or older) kids.
Tayrona National Natural Park is the habitat of a great variety of species, distributed in different areas with different thermal levels, from 0 (sea level) to 900 meters above sea level.
Inside of its broad boundaries – 15,000 hectares, of which 3,000 of maritime area -, we find Playa Cristal, a tourist attraction where carrying capacity is regulated in order to protect the marine ecosystems of this natural sanctuary. After a 45-minute car trip from the historic center of Santa Marta, we reach Palangana sector, making a first stop at Siete Olas beach, where you will be able to appreciate a panoramic view and take pictures of this amazing landscape.
From Siete Olas’ viewpoint we will continue our trip, since this bay is not suitable for swimming due to its waves; we will get to Neguanje, from where taking a 8-minute boat trip we will reach Playa Cristal – a beautiful beach for enjoying snorkeling.
• 07:30 Departure from your hotel in Santa Marta to Tayrona Park – Palangana sector. (In low touristic season – in high season it is required to be at park entrance at 5:00 am.)
• Panoramic View of Siete Olas Beach.
• Transportation by boat from Neguanje to Playa Cristal.
• Time to enjoy Playa Cristal.
• 15:00 Return by boat to Neguaje.
• 17:00 Approximate arrival time in Santa Marta.
- Round trip transportation (including boat transportation)
- Entrance ticket to Tayrona Park
- Travel insurance
- Professional local guide in Spanish
What's Not Included
- Beers, drinks, meals, snacks
- Anything not specified
- Shopping tour, rental of snorkels or other kind of equipment, visits to other attractions
- Handicraft items and tips
- Guide service in English – or any language other than Spanish
- This trekking takes place in hot and very humid area.
- Temperatures are of about 25°C – 33°C.
What to bring
It is recommended to wear comfortable clothes, to bring a bathing suit, sunscreen, hydration and appropriate footwear for the beach. It is important that you take mosquito repellent with you, and we recommend that you get vaccinated against yellow fever; although this vaccine is no longer a compulsory requirement to enter Colombia, we recommend it.
Cancellation Policy and Refund
- Teyuna Tours or its provider, has failed to provide the service, as long as the reason is different from force majeure *: you will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard (non-private) tour, either the Lost City trek or another destination in Santa Marta, more than twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, more than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard tour to the Lost City within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a standard tour other than the Lost City trek within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 50% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. There will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the service.
- Presenting a positive result for the Covid-19 test, after the starting time of a service that requires a negative result, implies a charge of the 20% of the total value of the service.
The customer will not get a refund in the following cases:
- The client does not show up to start the tour (no show).
- An accident or calamity occurs and prevents the service to be provided or provided in full.
- The client resign during the service.
- Events unrelated to Teyuna Tours occur, such as cancellation or delay of flights, loss of luggage, closure of roads, airports, terminals, borders, among other external reasons that may prevent the client to be provided a certain service.
* It is intended as force majeure: meteorological phenomena, disturbances of public order, unforeseen closures of the destination or roads, among others that prevent the service to be provided, or put safety of our customers at risk.
Campsites, accommodations and restaurants belong to local communities; we cooperate and work in order to provide a high quality service, however quality of lodgings and camps depends on them.
Trails and infrastructures are shared by all companies, so that the number of visitors depends on tourist season and number of visitors among all tour operators.
This tour involves risks; travel insurance covers accidents and injuries that may occur in the trek.
Teyuna Tours is not responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings.