Minca is a small town in the mountains above Santa Marta and has become a popular destination.
With a picturesque landscape with exuberant forest, breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and several waterfalls, Minca is well worth a stop during a visit to the Caribbean coast of Colombia.
Duration: 1 day
Staring point: agreed meeting point.
Starting time: 8:00 am*
*Due to the current situation, regulations and restrictions, starting time may be modified.
Price per person:
The tour begins on the path to Oído del Mundo – the Ear of the World-, where you will be able to enjoy the natural beauty of the trail, its flora and fauna.
Then a refreshing swim in the crystal clear waters of the waterfall will allow you to connect with nature, and recharge yourselves with good energy.
In the Coffee Farm you will learn all the secrets of this traditional cultivation, and afterwards you will visit Bamboo constructions, and you will be delighted with a delicious meal prepared by Chef Jungle Joe, who will share his knowledge of our diversity.
You will learn about the process of cocoa and we will also teach you how to prepare your own energetic chocolate bar.
Meals: Lunch at Joe’s house.
Activities: Tour to the Ear of the World waterfall, guided visit to the coffee farm, cocoa process.
What's Not Included
Transportation: Transportation to other sectors, areas, cities.
Meals: breakfast and dinner.
Drinks: sparkling water, soda, beers.
Others: personal expenses. Anything not specified.
- Temperatures are of about 25°C – 33°C.
- Climate is usually very hot and very humid
- Natives and their traditions have to be respected: this is the base for a positive cultural exchange for both visitors and communities.
What to bring
• Comfortable walking shoes.
• Water shoes for walking in the river.
• Insect repellent.
• Towel for personal use.
• Small Backpack – [20 or 30 liters].
• Plastic bag.
• Toilet paper.
• 2 liters of water.
• If you take specific medications, take them with you.
It could be a good idea to bring your own first aid kit with you as well.
Cancellation Policy and Refund
Clients have the right to claim a total or partial refund of the amount he/she paid according to the following terms and conditions:
- Teyuna Tours or its provider, has failed to provide the service, as long as the reason is different from force majeure *: you will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard (non-private) tour, either the Lost City trek or another destination in Santa Marta, more than twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, more than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard tour to the Lost City within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a standard tour other than the Lost City trek within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 50% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. There will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the service.
- Presenting a positive result for the Covid-19 test, after the starting time of a service that requires a negative result, implies a charge of the 20% of the total value of the service.
The customer will not get a refund in the following cases:
- The client does not show up to start the tour (no show).
- An accident or calamity occurs and prevents the service to be provided or provided in full.
- The client resign during the service.
- Events unrelated to Teyuna Tours occur, such as cancellation or delay of flights, loss of luggage, closure of roads, airports, terminals, borders, among other external reasons that may prevent the client to be provided a certain service.
* It is intended as force majeure: meteorological phenomena, disturbances of public order, unforeseen closures of the destination or roads, among others that prevent the service to be provided, or put safety of our customers at risk.
Campsites, accommodations and restaurants belong to local communities; we cooperate and work in order to provide a high quality service, however quality of lodgings and camps depends on them.
Trails and infrastructures are shared by all companies, so that the number of visitors depends on tourist season and number of visitors among all tour operators.
This tour involves risks; travel insurance covers accidents and injuries that may occur in the trek.
Teyuna Tours and the managers of the campsites on the Lost City trek are not responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings.
Other Tours – Lost City Trek
Lost City Trek – 5 days
This adventure is designed for people who prefer to go at a slower pace, even without having much time.
Lost City Trek – 6 days
Best option for visitors who prefer to have an exclusive experience, with more time to enjoy nature, rivers and natural pools.