Waking up with a panoramic view of the snow-capped peaks (Bolívar and Colón) of Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, you will feel what a privilege nature gives us, while you hear the songs of endemic and migratory birds starting very early, along with a cup of organic coffee in your hands: impossible to describe, incredible to live.
Duration: 3 days, 2 nights
Staring point: agreed meeting point.
Starting time: 7:00 am*
*Due to the current situation, regulations and restrictions, starting time may be modified.
Price per person:
*Price per person for a group of 4 people, with guide service in Spanish.
Price per person depends on group size
- Departure from your hotel in the city of Santa Marta, car trip on the road that leads to Minca, a picturesque town located at 650 meters above sea level.
Visit to a traditional coffee farm where you will learn about the coffee process.
- Once the coffee farm tour is finished, we continue in our 4WD for one more km to La María farm, on the way to La Tagua, where we will get off the car and start the 3 km walk to Santa Elena farm . (THIS WALK HAS A DURATION OF 2 HOURS).
- Arrival at the Santa Elena farm; welcome snack, typical Colombian lunch, tour of the surrounding area, sunset view of our mountains, Ciénaga Grande and the Caribbean Sea, dinner.
- We start the day with a view of sunrise over Sierra Nevada mountains, enjoying a delicious cup of organic coffee from this region.
- Traditional breakfast.
- Departure is scheduled at 6.30 AM to start the hike to Cerro Kennedy, the ascent through our private trails is of about 4.5 km (3-hour walk) until reaching the viewpoint of Cerro Kennedy, located at 3100 meters above sea level.
- Throughout the tour you will we will enjoy an excellent view of the mountains, mainly over the snow-capped peaks Bolívar and Colón; the walk takes place on private trails, which allows greater enjoyment of the walk, crossing streams, water sources, and at the same time the opportunity to observe the great variety of endemic birds of this region.
- Return to Finca Santa Elena to have lunch.
- Free afternoon, dinner and free night.
- View of the snowy peaks.
- Typical Colombian breakfast.
- Walk uphill and then descent until we reach the Sacred Panku Waterfall, where we will enjoy a refreshing swim, and the embrace of nature (4.5 km walk each way).
- Return to Santa Elena farm to have lunch.
- Return to Santa Marta.
- Transportation (Round trip)
- Accommodation at Santa Elena farm in a multiple bedroom
- Travel insurance
- Professional local guide service (Spanish)
- Fresh fruits during the trekking
What's Not Included
- Anything not specified
- Beers, drinks, extra snacks
- Shopping tour and / or visits to other attractions
- Handicraft items and tips
- Guide service in English – or any language other than Spanish
The itinerary may vary according to weather conditions and access road to the region;
The guide will provide information and give the necessary recommendations in order to make sure every visitor has full respect for the environment and for the local communities.
What to bring
It is recommended to bring a small backpack, comfortable clothes, bathing suit, sunscreen, hat and appropriate footwear for walking, a pair of sandals to rest your feet, camera, plastic bags to cover your backpack; towel and toiletries (biodegradable soap if possible), flashlight, sweatshirt and a pair of long trousers for the night.
It is important that you take with you mosquito repellent and medicines you may need.
Cancellation Policy and Refund
Clients have the right to claim a total or partial refund of the amount he/she paid according to the following terms and conditions:
- Teyuna Tours or its provider, has failed to provide the service, as long as the reason is different from force majeure *: you will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard (non-private) tour, either the Lost City trek or another destination in Santa Marta, more than twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, more than forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. You will have a refund of the total amount paid for the service.
- Cancellation of a standard tour to the Lost City within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a standard tour other than the Lost City trek within twelve (12) hours prior to the departure of the tour: there will be a charge of the 50% of the total value of the tour.
- Cancellation of a private tour, or transfer service, within forty-eight (48) hours prior to the starting time of the service. There will be a charge of the 10% of the total value of the service.
- Presenting a positive result for the Covid-19 test, after the starting time of a service that requires a negative result, implies a charge of the 20% of the total value of the service.
The customer will not get a refund in the following cases:
- The client does not show up to start the tour (no show).
- An accident or calamity occurs and prevents the service to be provided or provided in full.
- The client resign during the service.
- Events unrelated to Teyuna Tours occur, such as cancellation or delay of flights, loss of luggage, closure of roads, airports, terminals, borders, among other external reasons that may prevent the client to be provided a certain service.
* It is intended as force majeure: meteorological phenomena, disturbances of public order, unforeseen closures of the destination or roads, among others that prevent the service to be provided, or put safety of our customers at risk.
Campsites, accommodations and restaurants belong to local communities; we cooperate and work in order to provide a high quality service, however quality of lodgings and camps depends on them.
Trails and infrastructures are shared by all companies, so that the number of visitors depends on tourist season and number of visitors among all tour operators.
This tour involves risks; travel insurance covers accidents and injuries that may occur in the trek.
Teyuna Tours and the managers of the campsites on the Lost City trek are not responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings.
Other Tours – Lost City Trek
Lost City Trek – 5 days
This adventure is designed for people who prefer to go at a slower pace, even without having much time.
Lost City Trek – 6 days
Best option for visitors who prefer to have an exclusive experience, with more time to enjoy nature, rivers and natural pools.